Chanson de l’Ange CD
Immortal Aria is pleased to announce that the first single from the Chanson de l’Ange CD: “The Bleeding Rose” featuring Toni Gibson is now available for download!

The Bleeding Rose features words and music by Bonnie Anne Pinard, with atmospheric orchestral accompaniment by Nathan Allen Pinard. Classical Crossover artist Toni Gibson’s haunting vocals and Maria Lazareva’s tender violin lend The Bleeding Rose a timeless beauty, reminiscent of 18th century Art Songs.

Download:

iTunes

CDBaby

CD Official title:

Chanson de l’Ange

Original Songs Inspired by Phantom of the Opera

Featuring the voices of: Toni Gibson, Jay Weston, Michele Karmin, and Carrie Shaw,

With songs and music by Bonnie Anne and Nathan Allen Pinard

Track Listing:

1) Orphan In Winter: an instrumental piece composed and orchestrated by Nathan Allen Pinard

2) That Summer By The Sea: words and music by Bonnie Anne Pinard, orchestration by Nathan Allen Pinard, vocal by Carrie Shaw

3) The Bleeding Rose: words and music by Bonnie Anne Pinard, arrangement by Nathan Allen Pinard, vocal by Toni Gibson, violin by Maria Lazareva

4) Waltz With Death: an instrumental piece composed and orchestrated by Nathan Allen Pinard

5) In The Mirror: words and music by Bonnie Anne Pinard, orchestrated by Nathan Allen Pinard, vocal by Jay Weston

6) Frost and Roses: an instrumental piece composed and orchestrated by Nathan Allen Pinard, featuring Maria Lazareva’s solo violin

7) Firelight Through Diamonds: words by Bonnie Anne Pinard, music by Nathan Allen Pinard, Orchestrated by Nathan Allen Pinard, vocal by Michele Karmin

8) Chanson de l’Ange: words and music by Bonnie Anne PInard, orchestrated by Nathan Allen Pinard,, vocal by: Toni Gibson

9) Worlds Apart: words by Bonnie Anne Pinard, with music and orchestration by Nathan Allen Pinard, duet by: Toni Gibson and Jay Weston

10) Christine: Instrumental piece composed and orchestrated by Nathan Allen Pinard

11) The Musician’s Daughter: words and music by Bonnie Anne Pinard and orchestration by Nathan Allen Pinard: to be recorded by tenor vocalist (we are still searching for the right voice)

12) Swansong: words and music by Bonnie Anne Pinard and orchestration by Nathan Allen Pinard: vocal by Bonnie Anne Pinard

List of our vocalists and musicians:

The Bleeding Rose, Worlds Apart, and the Chanson de l’Ange aria  will be performed by Classical Crossover artist Toni Gibson

In The Mirror and the Worlds Apart duet will be performed by Australian Tenor Jay Weston

Jay Weston

Firelight Through Diamonds will be performed by contemporary artist Michele Karmin

That Summer by the Sea will be recorded by UK  singer-songwriter  Carrie Shaw

Carrie Shaw

Our solo violinist Maria Lazareva, will perform on several tracks: Maria Lazareva

Maria

Romeo Knight
Guest Guitarist/Bassist

Romeo Knight (aka Eike Steffen) is a versatile composer, sound designer and audio engineer. In the late 80’s he gained high recognition for his compositions for the Amiga demo scene followed by work for the Amiga and PC game industry.
After obtaining his SAE Audio Engineering diploma, he started working for the advertising industry and by mid-2000 was running his own studio facility producing thousands of commercials for known brands such as Coca-Cola, Mercedes-Benz, Nokia, Porsche and many more. Romeo Knight’s well-rounded composition and music production skills derive from his comprehensive musical education and experience in various styles with twelve years of classical training on clarinet (including performances with the local youth symphony orchestra), as well as extensive live and studio performances as a guitarist and bass player with a variety of bands since 1995.

The downloadable tracks and CDs will be made available for purchase upon completion in a few months.  Meanwhile, we give you these samples: composed and orchestrated by Nathan Allen Pinard.  Enjoy!

Waltz with Death by Nathan Allen Pinard

Orphan In Winter by Nathan Allen Pinard

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

40 Comments

1. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Saturday, 03 April 2010 at 1:08 am

Heads up to Nathan’s fans! He is currently working on brand new music for Chanson de l’Ange which you will be able to purchase on Itunes! The new music will be made available on Itunes when all tracks are completed!

2. CommentsSally Walker   |  Tuesday, 13 April 2010 at 4:52 am

Nathan,
    I am so moved by this piece of music. It is quite beautiful! I am very much impressed. Thank you for sharing. Keep it up. Perfect name.

Hugs,
    Sally

3. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Tuesday, 13 April 2010 at 5:06 am

Hi Sally! Glad you came to the new site! I love this piece too. Nathan perfectly captured the Masquerade moment in my book where the Phantom and Christine actually dance together! I can’t wait to hear the next few pieces he going to start work on. Love you, Swannie

4. CommentsLady Bow   |  Saturday, 01 May 2010 at 6:25 pm

The last half honestly reminded me of Edward Scissorhands. That’s a good thing, though! Your scores are really impressive. I wasn’t expecting something that sounded so professional.

I must say, the book too intrigues me. :)

5. CommentsAraceli   |  Monday, 24 May 2010 at 6:47 pm

Beautiful song, I can’t wait to read your novel and purchase the album!!!

6. CommentsAriel   |  Thursday, 12 August 2010 at 9:44 pm

They dance together!!!!! Oh my goodness now I MUST read this book and the music sounds amazing. When do the songs come out so they can go to my ipod??? 😀

7. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Friday, 13 August 2010 at 4:36 am

Hi again, Ariel! Yep, in Chanson de l’Ange the Phantom and Christine dance together at the ball. Ah….but things turn out somewhat differently than you might expect.

The CD and downloadable tracks will be released just as soon as my son composes the rest of the music! Hahahah, and I’m not 100 sure about when that will be. I hope before Christmas.

8. CommentsAriel   |  Friday, 13 August 2010 at 5:16 am

Miss Swann, if I my call you that, from what Phantom books I’ve read they always turn out alittle differently than I thought and you maybe right about your book, but that’s the beauty of a Phantom story it’s always the you’d expect! I’m also the one leaving comments on Amazon too. I’ll purchase your book as soon as I can and tell you what I think as I read it!!! ;D

9. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Friday, 13 August 2010 at 4:37 pm

Hi Ariel. You may call me “Miss Swann.” Im delighted to meet you!

10. CommentsAriel   |  Friday, 13 August 2010 at 4:58 pm

I’m honored to meet you too!!! I just saw the video for The Angel’s Song it was a beautiful video. I loved every detail. Tell me, do you intend on writing more Phantom stories or just these two??? 😀

11. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Friday, 13 August 2010 at 6:21 pm

I plan to write another novel, but it won’t be Phantom based. I’m thinking of writing a romantic ghost story.…only this time, it will be a *real* ghost. Not the Opera Ghost! Not sure yet about the setting or plot. I’m hoping to re record The Angel’s Song for the CD. I was having asthma issues when I recorded that version.

Take care,
    “Miss Swann”

12. CommentsAriel   |  Friday, 13 August 2010 at 8:44 pm

Sweeeeeet!!!! I’ve always wanted to read a story like that, a real ghost love story!!! If you like I could give a name of book that you might just like…….. 😀

13. CommentsAriel   |  Saturday, 14 August 2010 at 6:20 am

Miss Swann, I have just your book!!!! I’m so excited to read it XD <3

14. CommentsAriel   |  Sunday, 15 August 2010 at 4:26 am

Sorry Miss Swann, I meant to say I just purchased your book!!!! I’m so excited to read it XD

15. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Tuesday, 17 August 2010 at 12:14 am

Hi Ariel! Glad to hear you’ve ordered your copy. I am very curious to see how a 16 year old girl relates to this book. Hope you will share your thoughts!

Miss Swann

16. CommentsAlaina   |  Tuesday, 17 August 2010 at 2:24 pm

Ms. Swann,

I cannot wait to buy your book! IThe combination of the music and the story, well, it will just be more fantastic that way. That’s actually a very good idea to compose a score that goes along with the book. Very original! And again, looking forward to read your novel!

-Alaina

17. CommentsAriel   |  Wednesday, 18 August 2010 at 7:29 pm

Miss Swann, I’m 6 chapters in, I’m a slow reader! XD I just hope there’s a happy ending for Erik and Chrsitine. 😀 As soon as I’m done with I promise too leave a good review on Amazon for the book!!!

18. CommentsAmy   |  Sunday, 05 September 2010 at 7:33 pm

Ms. Swann,
    I’m a 17-year-old Phantom fan and I am incredibly impressed with your son’s beautiful work! I’m listening to Orphan in Winter right now, it is absolutely touching and very emotional. This is wonderful. I’ll admit that at first I was very surprised at the idea of a soundtrack. It was the first time I have heard of a companion soundtrack to a book, instead of a movie. “How many people would buy this?” I thought. And since your book was just published, not many people know about it yet. However…….I think it’s actually a beautiful idea! And it’s so great that it will be available on iTunes! Those who can multitask can read Chanson de l’Ange and listen to the soundtrack at the same time. Rest assured that I will check out your talented son’s later compositions!

By the way, I just got this book yesterday from Amazon.com and I’m currently on Chapter 29, 353 pages in. It’s very good so far! The only complaint that I have…and I’m not pointing fingers at anybody in particular…is that there are some obvious mistakes in punctuation and spelling, enough for me to notice. Perhaps the draft should have been read over one more time? But otherwise, no other complaints.

Ms. Swann, as of yesterday you have 8 five-star reviews on Amazon for your work. At the rate you’re going, this book will end up as famous as Susan Kay’s Phantom!!

19. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Sunday, 05 September 2010 at 9:27 pm

Oh my dear, thank you for your comment. Yes I am aware that there are technical errors in Chanson. Sadly, I had only my eyes to read through it the 999 times I did, and I just couldn’t ‘see’ the mistakes anymore. When you self publish, you don’t have an editor, and I could not afford to pay someone.

Thank you for overlooking them. And kudos to you for seeing those errors at 17 years old!

I’m glad you are enjoying the book so far!

Ms. Swann

20. CommentsCody aka NumberThreePhan (PhantomReviews Forum)   |  Friday, 17 September 2010 at 10:07 pm

Nice! Are the songs only going to be on iTunes? It’d be a god idea to put them on Amazon/Napster etc. as well, for people like me who have non-iPod models of mp3 player (iTunes files have a “scrambler code” that can only be read by an iPod.)

21. CommentsKorrina   |  Friday, 01 October 2010 at 9:42 pm

I loved this book, even more than the Kay novel! I cannot wait for the second! I am bursting at the seams waiting! 😀 Excellent job on the music! So moving…. xD

22. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Saturday, 02 October 2010 at 4:36 am

Korrina! That’s quite a compliment! As a huge fan of Susan Kay’s book, it means a lot to hear that. I am working hard on Book 2!

23. CommentsAlexandria   |  Sunday, 24 October 2010 at 10:39 pm

This music is stunning!!
    Orphan in winter is gorgeous and so touching – I can nearly see the snow falling around me as I listened to it.
    And Waltz with Death was just amazing. I felt like the phantom was going to swoop down any minute and whisk me away into a ball room and dance with me on a deserted floor as I listened. (one can dream *sigh*)
    Your son is truly gifted.
    Alexandria

24. CommentsDenise (Leppardlady)   |  Sunday, 27 March 2011 at 12:20 am

I don’t have an iPod, I have an MP3 player, will the songs also be available as MP3 files? Beautiful music and I would love to buy the soundtrack to listen to as I read the books (this and the second book coming this summer, can’t wait!).

25. CommentsNathan Allen pinard   |  Sunday, 27 March 2011 at 1:23 am

Hi there! The album will be available on all digital music platforms and possibly in physical form!

26. CommentsAria   |  Monday, 18 April 2011 at 6:29 pm

Wow, beautiful. I am definitely buying the soundtrack.

27. CommentsStephanie   |  Friday, 29 April 2011 at 5:52 am

Wow…the music is beyond beautiful! Your son has done a tremendous job so far with the score! And the aria…omg it’s gorgeous! Your voice is amazing! I’m definitely going to purchase the soundtrack when it becomes available! I purchased your book from amazon on Sunday and received it today. I’m in the process of reading another book at the moment, however as soon as I’m finished I will immediately begin yours. I’m always very skeptical when it comes to reading others interpretations of the Phantom of the Opera, considering it’s my favorite story and Erik’s my all time favorite fictional character. I’m always worried that someone will ruin the story and the character of Erik and not stay true to who he really is. I’ve read Susan Kay’s ‘Phantom’ and I absolutely love it! Aside from her I haven’t really given anyone else a chance as far as their Phantom stories, for the reasons I mentioned above. Although, because I am an avid Phantom fan, or shall I say, Phanatic, I regularly search for any new Phantom merchandise on amazon and just happen to come across your book, Chanson de l’Ange. I read the synopsis and the reviews and decided to take a chance with you and your book. Well, I just read the short ‘forward from the author’ part in your book, and I must say I now have extremely high expectations. You expressed the love and passion you have for Erik and the story, which I too share. By that I can tell, without a single doubt, that your book will be phenomenal! And I am very much looking forward to reading what you have made of, what I believe to be, the most phantastic and beautiful story ever!

28. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Friday, 29 April 2011 at 6:52 am

Thank you Stephanie! What lovely and encouraging comments. I am very glad you bumped into my book, because I wrote it for fans like you who just cannot let go of the Phantom story or characters. I hope you will not be disappointed. Perhaps after you have finished Book One you would so kind as to post your own review on Amazon. Reviews from readers are critical for us indie authors. Blessings, Swannie

29. CommentsStephanie   |  Saturday, 30 April 2011 at 5:16 pm

I’m very glad that I came across your book as well and cannot wait to read it. Upon finishing it, I will definitely post my own review on Amazon. I’m always willing to help voice my opinion on something that I’m passionate about or something that I love, and I have a feeling I’m going to love your book. I’ll also let you know on here what I think. Thanks for replying to my post…I appreciate it. It just goes to show that you’re very dedicated to your fans and to what you do…which is amazing.

30. CommentsGrace   |  Monday, 02 May 2011 at 4:05 pm

Hello Paisley, these are wonderful compositions to accompany a wonderful book! I listened to Waltz With Death as I read that scene. Nathan and yourself are both truly talented. I look forward to more music and your second novel.

Grace xx

31. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Monday, 02 May 2011 at 6:01 pm

Thank you, Grace! So glad you enjoyed both Nathan’s music and Book One of Chanson! Isn’t neat to have music to a fit a scene as read it? I think my readers will really love the music Nathan and I are putting together. So excited!

32. CommentsStephanie   |  Saturday, 18 June 2011 at 5:22 am

Just posted my review on Amazon:

Finished this book last night and all I can say is…BRILLIANT! I LOVED every single minute of it! I’m a Phanatic and love anything and everything Phantom of the Opera, but I am very protective of the story. I’m very skeptical when it comes to reading/watching others own imaginative extended versions of the Phantom. I’m always worried that they might ruin the beauty and uniqueness of the story, as well as the characters we’ve all come to know and love. I decided to give Chanson de l’Ange a chance though after reading the synopsis and other reviews. Well, if you’re a phanatic like I am and have the same worries as I do…you have absolutely nothing to fear with Chanson de l’Ange. The story is absolutely magnificent. It stays completely true to the greatest love story in the world and our favorite fictional characters, while giving us so much more. Paisley Swan Stewart re-creates the story in a way that only a true phantom phan can. She brings the kind of life and love into the story that no other author before her has. I’ve always wanted the love of Erik and Christine to be expressed more and deeper with passion and heart and she gives us just that. I’ve always wanted to experience an extensiveness to their relationship and to be able to lose myself in their love for each other. She gives us what we’ve been wanting since we first fell in love with the story – a backstage pass. We get ERIK and CHRISTINE….first and foremost. In every other story their time together has always been limited, but Stewart gives us scene after scene with exploration of every aspect of their love. I cannot even put into words how wonderful it was to have read this book. To have the extensive story of POTO I’ve always wanted placed right in front of me….in black and white. Paisley Swan Stewart, a phantom phan herself, knew exactly what we wanted…and she gave it to us. Not only can’t I wait for book 2, but I’m just as much looking forward to reading book 1 all over again. Chanson de l’Ange is by far one of, if not the, BEST Phantom book out today. I LOVE it!

33. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Saturday, 18 June 2011 at 7:59 am

Stephanie, thank you so much for posting your review both here and on Amazon. I am so glad you appreciated the depth I was trying to build into the Erik and Christine story. I worry sometimes that I might be giving too much detail and depth, but like you, I WANTED a real relationship with all its complexities and challenges. Thanks again for your support!

Swannie

34. CommentsStephanie   |  Saturday, 18 June 2011 at 7:45 pm

I don’t think you gave too much detail and depth at all! It was PERFECT! I admit to getting extremely giddy when it comes to anything Phantom and while reading your book I just couldn’t stop smiling. Even after I placed the book down, which I always hated when I had to, the joy of reading what I had just read continued throughout the day and the next. At times I felt like I was reading a romance novel, only with my two all-time favorite characters…and I loved that! Of course there were scenes of sadness with the challenges they had to face, but I appreciated it, because that’s what’s involved in a real relationship. Thank you so much for giving us that. Thanks for putting your brilliant thoughts on paper and allowing all of us fans to read! I can honestly say that Chanson de l’Ange is now my favorite book! And I am VERY much looking forward to book 2! Thank you, again!

35. CommentsValerie   |  Thursday, 20 October 2011 at 12:24 pm

I was really glad to discover that book wasn’t some kind of a bad writen sequel, which always makes me depressed. It was truly beautiful, with such a unique style of writing, that I couldn’t put it down untill I finished it and now I’m starving to read the next book.
    The music is a great treasure too, and it’s really perfect for the book. I can sense it’s power under my skin. It makes me shivering every time I’m listening to it. I’d love to hear the whole thing someday.
    I appreciated the every word of the first novel, so the author must be very proud, because it’s difficult to write something so excellent.
    And yes, it totally deserves a stage version!

36. CommentsCarol   |  Monday, 28 October 2013 at 4:11 pm

Read your three books in a 24 hour stretch with little sleep between. They were remarkable! Lost several minutes reading and needed a lot of Kleenex tissues to finish. Christine’s early life, and her relationship with her Angel was very well written. Stories about Erik’s life were truly heartbreaking. Cannot wait for the music CD based on your books. The three tracks I’ve heard are amazing, and I’ll probably reread as I listen where they fit with your novels. A little variation of the Phantom of the Opera story, but was so well written that I didn’t care.

37. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Monday, 28 October 2013 at 5:35 pm

Thank you so much, Carol! I am so glad you found the story remarkable! May I beg you to rate and post this review on Amazon? My new series has started out with zero reviews, even though their are 29 on the original unrevised edition. Make sure you don’t give away spoilers though! Thank you so much for stopping by to make my day! Oh, and about the CD, we starting back to work on it now that the books have FINALLY been released! We are shooting for a March 2014 release!

38. CommentsCarol   |  Monday, 28 October 2013 at 7:07 pm

Posted review on Amazon under my “Phantom Phan” name. Did all 3 books as one, because I could not read just one book and wait to read the next! Had to keep reading! They flowed so well that they were like having to read War and Peace in school, but so more entertaining because of the subject matter-POTO :-) I don’t think I gave away any spoilers!

39. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Monday, 28 October 2013 at 7:38 pm

Thank you, dear! Ah yes, I saw that review! I appreciate you taking the time to do that! Are you in college?

40. CommentsCarol   |  Monday, 28 October 2013 at 9:31 pm

No, I am a teacher and LOVE anything having to do with The Phantom of the Opera. I’ll be taking my 10 year old grand-daughter to see the new version of the US tour next year. I bought your books based on the other reviews and was not disappointed! Between all my Phantom stuff and chandeliers, one would think I live in the Paris Opera House! They were brilliant! I plan to order the printed books to add to all the other Phantom books. They are that good that I want them for my daughter to read. Won’t give her my Kindle! If there were an Erik, he’d be proud and happy.