Purchase Books

Chanson de l’Ange by Paisley Swan Stewart is a 3 volume epic retelling of The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. Drawing inspiration from The Opera Ghost in all his incarnations through book and film; and remaining faithful to key story elements from the classic original, the author weaves a haunting tale of Christine Daae’s companionship with the mysterious Angel of Music.

Paperback Edition (click the covers below to order)

Kindle Edition (click the covers below to order)

Book One~Orphan in Winter: opens with the tragic death of ten year old Christine Daae’s father, ushering in dramatic changes when she is left in the care of Madame Louise Giry, ballet mistress at the Paris Opera House.  Christine makes her new home in the opera’s conservatory where she encounters a bohemian world of singers and dancers, and where she is visited by the unseen Angel of Music.  (Approx 350 pages)

Book Two~The Bleeding Rose: continues Christine’s journey into an unorthodox attachment to her invisible teacher, and a bond of obsession and music is forged as her dark Angel methodically makes himself known.  Through the illusory dreams of her adolescent desires, Christine will discover that not all angels have wings and not all devils are what they seem to be…for there are two sides to the Angel’s enchanted mirror.  (Approx 350 pages)

Book Three~The Angel’s Song as Christine takes center stage in the Joan of Arc opera, events swirl out of control, having dire consequences.  The Angel of Music steps out from the shadows and mirrors become the portal into both heaven and hell.  Caught between the two greatest loves of her life, Christine is torn between the light and darkness of her own soul.

In the concluding chapters of Chanson de l’Ange, Christine confronts the ghosts of both her past and present.  As she performs the starring role in her Angel’s magnificent opera, she must brave a future where all those she loves are thrust into a soul stirring crescendo that will leave readers breathless.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

33 Comments

1. CommentsWendy Lieberman   |  Sunday, 21 March 2010 at 10:04 pm

Swanie,
    This is very good. I intend to purchase the book when it becomes available. I do belive I will enjoy reading it very much. Good Luck with your sales.

God Bless, Wendy

2. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Sunday, 21 March 2010 at 11:15 pm

Hi Wendy! Thanks so much for stopping by! I just now realized that I need to replace this text with the final edited version of these excerpts! Something I will do when I get the time. Glad you enjoyed the previews and be sure and check back for update about the release!

Swannie

3. CommentsEmily   |  Wednesday, 31 March 2010 at 5:03 pm

Congratulations on your story! After reading these snippets, I am very intrigued. I hope all goes well once your book is out. I am in the process of writing a “Phantom” sequel of my own, and have hopes of getting it published someday. I am always glad to meet a fellow fan of the “Phantom of the Opera” story, and wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

4. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Wednesday, 31 March 2010 at 5:18 pm

Hi Emily! Welcome to my site and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Best of luck on your own Phantom sequel! I think with ALW’s Love Never Dies Phantom sequel, interest in the Phantom story has only grown…so hopefully there will be plenty of readers for the newer sequels and POTO versions coming out! Take care, Swannie

5. Commentsariel   |  Wednesday, 11 August 2010 at 8:20 pm

I will say your book caught my attention and almost overlooked it. But I went back looked at it again and read what is was about, now want to buy it and read it. Phantom is my favortie movie, and newest obsession haha! I intend to read your books! Are sort of like the movie??? Your website is also amazing!!!! I just hope that Chrisitne choses Phantom/Erik!!!

6. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Thursday, 12 August 2010 at 4:49 am

Hi Ariel,

My book does key off the movie somewhat, but it is also its own unique story with influences from the original novel by Gaston Leroux, the stage play, and other versions of POTO. I think you will like it… a lot!

Swannie

7. Commentsariel   |  Thursday, 12 August 2010 at 5:33 am

Ohh goodie!!! I just got done with phantom stories myself, one was set after where the 2004 film very good book. The other was a modern tale loved it!!! I read the Gaston Leroux one it was very confusing, LOL! I’m sure I will like it. I was sort of looking for a new Phantom story and your book caught my attention.

8. CommentsAlexandria   |  Sunday, 19 September 2010 at 5:30 pm

This sounds fantastic. I have loved The Phantom of the Opera since I was a little girl but I have only just found the world of Phantom Novels and heard about your book through listening to ‘All Things Phantom’. This will absilutely be going to the top of by ‘to buy’ list.
    Thank you for the pages here.
    – Oh and the cover art for the books is beautiful.

9. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Sunday, 19 September 2010 at 6:11 pm

Hi Alexandria! Thanks for visiting my site. I’m glad you enjoyed the excerpt, and I hope the book lives up to your expectations. Please drop by and leave a review after you’ve read it!

Swannie

10. CommentsAlexandria   |  Friday, 24 September 2010 at 11:40 am

Yipee. I have ordered my copy and it should be arriving today at somepoint. I promised myself I wasn’t buying anymore books until I finished the ‘too be read pile’ that is casting a shadow over my bed right now but I just couldn’t wait that long to read this (no self control at all – but never mind, no ones perfect ;)) Will definitely be posting a review once I’ve finished it.

11. CommentsKorrina   |  Saturday, 02 October 2010 at 5:25 am

Alexandria I have one of those to be read piles xD But just like you I have no control. xD I am going to re-read this book because it is just that good! 😀 This book moved me, and only few books can do that!

12. CommentsNadia Greenidge   |  Wednesday, 15 December 2010 at 3:34 pm

I have just started reading The Bleeding Rose and so far I just love it. I am a long time Phanton fan and collector – I have everything from signed cast posters, to hand made masks and other treasures. I have also read almost every Phantom book – some better than others. I thought the version by Susan Kay was primo, but I am still reading and may change my mind. Thank you for bringing Erik back to us – as we do love him so much!

13. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Wednesday, 15 December 2010 at 4:49 pm

Hi Nadia! Thanks so much for stopping by with your comment! I love hearing from my readers! I am so glad you are enjoying my book so far, and I hope it continues to hold your interest. It’s always great to meet another Phantom fan!

Swannie

14. CommentsStephanie   |  Saturday, 19 March 2011 at 11:16 pm

Wow…this looks really good…I’m going to buy a copy of this and Book 2 when it’s released!

15. CommentsAria   |  Monday, 18 April 2011 at 6:33 pm

Wow, thats amazing so far! Once I have my summer job I will save up and buy it and Book 2.

16. CommentsArielle   |  Wednesday, 16 November 2011 at 1:49 am

Hello, how are you??? How is this fall treaeting you? I was wondering are you gonna release the books all at once or release them one by one?

17. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Wednesday, 16 November 2011 at 6:14 am

All at once, darlin’! So when they are released you won’t have to wait to read books 3&4!!!

18. CommentsArielle   |  Wednesday, 23 November 2011 at 1:37 am

Awesome I cannot wait!!! BTW beautiful fall pictures on FB such beauty in the pics :)

19. CommentsMarie Wallower   |  Saturday, 02 June 2012 at 2:03 am

how and where can I buy these books,I am HUGE Phantom phan.

20. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Monday, 04 June 2012 at 5:31 pm

The revised series is currently in the process of pre-publication; formatting and editing by my publisher. I don’t have an exact release date yet, but hoping for August-September! If you sign up for my newsletter I’ll send a notice when it is officially released! Thanks for your interest in Chanson. Swannie

21. CommentsVivien   |  Sunday, 23 September 2012 at 4:07 am

Hi Swannie,

I love POTO so much but loved Erik x Christine amongst all :))
    Anyway I just saw your post that books might be delayed… I can’t wait for them! I haven’t read your book yet ’cause I intend to finish them all once published! There will be digital copies as well on Amazon right?
    Look forward to your grand ending of POTO!
    Your books, cover designs, and music are brilliant~ Love them all!

22. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Thursday, 27 September 2012 at 5:17 pm

Thank you, Vivien! Yes, all 3 books of the series will be available in digital format! I will be thrilled if YOU are thrilled by my ending!

23. CommentsEmilia   |  Friday, 07 December 2012 at 12:44 am

OMG i had noooo idea there were other books about the Phantom of the Opera!!!! omg i heard about the Bleeding rose sequel and i goggled it and it brought me here! i was soooo excited to hear there were other adventures of my favorite book and movie!!!! (by the way im 16 years old and im proud to be a Phantom fan!!!!) i will be reading your books as soon as possible and i cant wait!!!

24. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Sunday, 13 January 2013 at 4:22 pm

I am sorry I did not reply to this sooner, Emilia. I’ve been very busy with family issues, the holidays and I’ve been down with a bad chest infection. There are actually quite a few books out now based on POTO! I’m glad you discovered my site and hope you will stop by again. I’ll be announcing the release date for the series soon! Take care, Swannie

25. CommentsBridget   |  Monday, 22 July 2013 at 5:13 pm

Hello!

After searching for some good POTO books, particularly Erik and Christine books, I came across yours on Amazon which led me here. And I am glad it did, I love that there is a soundtrack to go with the book! Will there be physical copies of the soundtrack for sale or just digital download? ( “Orphan in Winter” is just beautiful!)

I just want to say I am so eager to read your books! (I just hope Erik will have happy ending this time!) 😉 Will all three books be released at once? Good luck with everything! I can’t wait to finally be able to read your books. And looking forward to more music as well!

26. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Tuesday, 23 July 2013 at 12:10 am

Hi Bridget! I’m so glad you found me! The soundtrack will be available in both digital download and physical CDs! I am happy to hear that you like our music samples so far. We are very anxious to share the rest of our original music with my readers! All 3 books will be released at one time-on ebook first, and then the paperbacks will follow. I will post an update here when I get more news, so make sure you follow my site by using RSS feed button! Thanks for writing and take care, Swannie

27. CommentsSisterSadie   |  Wednesday, 21 August 2013 at 9:20 pm

Can’t wait to jump into this series once it’s realeased! I’ve been obsessed with the Phantom since I was about 9 years old and ove reading other fans’ takes on the story. Excited!!

28. CommentsArielle Burkhart   |  Tuesday, 03 September 2013 at 3:36 pm

Hello, Miss Swan!

How are you? It’s good to see that the books are finally ready to come out. I just have one small question I still have The Bleeding Rose when its was supposed to be a two part book. So my question is would I have to buy all three or just the one?

29. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Tuesday, 03 September 2013 at 3:44 pm

Hi Arielle! Nice to hear from you! If you want to complete the story from the end of the original Book One, you only need to purchase Book 3! Just be aware that I did a lot of revising in the first half of the story! I’m so excited that my long time readers are stopping by and saying hello!

30. CommentsArielle Burkhart   |  Wednesday, 04 September 2013 at 8:34 pm

Miss Swan

It’s nice to hear from you too, I hope all is well at home. Well I don’t think it would hurt to buy all three! I’ve really been looking forward to series being completed, are you going to continue to write and publish more books or is phantom it? And will the series be available on Amazon?

31. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Thursday, 05 September 2013 at 7:00 am

Yes, the series will be available on Amazon. Not sure if I will continue writing anything as ambitious as another novel. I have had some ideas for original stories, but my life is somewhat complicated. I am sure I will continue to be creative though. We are still working on the music for the Chanson CD, so once the books are released, that will be my primary focus for a while. Hope you have a great day and that all is going well in your life!

32. CommentsKim Vasconez   |  Thursday, 19 November 2015 at 1:18 am

I stumbled on this trilogy recently. I am enthralled not only by the storyline and writing, but the emotions that I am feeling as I turn each page. It has been a long time since a book has so moved me to tears. I couldn’t abide Erik’s continual heart ache. Each time, I hurt for PoTO, I looked ahead to find what was to happen and whether Erik and Christine would find each other. The numerous mysteries behind Christine’s mother and what Phillippemwould do to prevent Christine and Raoul to be together also enhanced the book, with effective use of foreshadowing. Brava on a job well done. You have a masterpiece here.

33. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Tuesday, 01 December 2015 at 9:17 am

Kim, thanks you so much for leaving your encouraging comment on my website. Your comments and passion for my ‘retelling’ have truly lifted my spirits! It is clear that you really grasped the story I was trying to tell, and understand why I made certain choices in the telling of my version of POTO. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

Regards,