New Life For Chanson de l’Ange

angel

Greetings fans and friends.  I have an important announcement to make and I hope you will all be profoundly excited about my news!  As you know my novel has been picked up by TreasureLine Publishing and I am in the process of migrating my work away from Xlibris to this small but growing traditional publishing house.  TreasureLine offers their authors hands on assistance and encouragement with a team of professionals who function together like a warm and cozy family.  At this time in my life and in the life of Chanson de l’Ange, TreasureLine is the perfect fit and I am thrilled to have been added to their bookshelves.  But this means that there will be BIG changes for Chanson de l’Ange…changes that I hope you will welcome… (Click the MORE button to read entire article)

In reviewing the Book Two manuscript for formatting, one of the TreasureLine team members was so impressed with Chanson that she felt it deserves a special treatment.  Given that Book One is over 600 pages, and Book Two over 500 pages, her idea is to divide Chanson de l’Ange into 4 separate volumes as a series, instead the 2 thick volumes it is now.  The 4 books would be about 300 pages each, and my publisher feels that as books are getting slimmer and shorter, dividing my books would make them less intimidating for readers who don’t want to lug around a heavy book.  So let me give you a quick run down of what is about to happen.  I have decided to split Chanson up into the 4 separate books as my publisher has suggested.  In addition I have decided to revise the Book One you all know and love in order to correct the many spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.  In retrospect I wish I had waited to publish Book One until I could find a reliable editor, but caught up in the desire to bring my 5 year efforts (now almost 7 years to date) to a close, I made the mistake of putting it on the market before it was ready.  For this I offer my profound apology  to all the devoted readers who have had to suffer through so many errors, and to be perfectly honest, it is an embarrassment to me.  Please be assured that for the most part, the revisions of the original Book One will only be of technical nature.  Although I will perhaps alter some of the sentence structure, the story itself well not change, so if you are happy with the original edition you will not need to purchase the revised one.

The decision to publish 4 volumes means a lot of work for me, and it also means that for those of you waiting for the conclusion to the story….you will have to wait a bit longer.  In order to prevent confusion between the Xlibris and the TreasureLine editions, I have decided to complete revisions on Book One before releasing the 4 volume series.  I am truly sorry to disappoint my readers but after giving this much thought, I think this is the best way to handle the transition.   Although the first edition of Book One will remain for sale on the various online outlets as is, as soon as the manuscript has been revised and edited, production of the series will begin.

At this point I have no idea how long the turn around time will be, but as I get more information from my publisher I will pass it onto you.  Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments feature…but please, no rotten tomatoes!

The covers Frannie and I designed for Book One and Two will still be used, and I am currently in the process of designing 2 brand new covers for the 2 extra volumes.  Now let me share with you the titles I have chosen for the Chanson de l’Ange series:

Book One~Orphan in Winter: new cover design
Book Two~The Bleeding Rose: original cover
Book Three~Firelight Through Diamonds :new cover design
Book Four~The Angel’s Song: original cover

Here is the new synopsis:

Chanson de l’Ange by Paisley Swan Stewart is a four volume epic retelling of The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. Drawing inspiration from The Opera Ghost in all his incarnations through book and film; and remaining faithful to key story elements from the classic original, the author weaves a haunting tale of Christine Daae’s companionship with the mysterious Angel of Music.

Book One~Orphan in Winter: opens with the tragic death of ten year old Christine Daae’s father, ushering in dramatic changes when she is left in the care of Madame Louise Giry, ballet mistress at the Paris Opera House.  Christine makes her new home in the opera’s conservatory where she encounters a bohemian world of singers and dancers, and where she is visited by the unseen Angel of Music.

Book Two~The Bleeding Rose: continues Christine’s journey into an unorthodox attachment to her invisible teacher, and a bond of obsession and music is forged as her dark Angel methodically makes himself known.  Through the illusory dreams of her adolescent desires, Christine will discover that not all angels have wings and not all devils are what they seem to be…for there are two sides to the Angel’s enchanted mirror.

Book Three~Firelight Through Diamonds: As Christine takes center stage in the Joan of Arc opera, events swirl out of control, having dire consequences.  The Angel of Music steps out from the shadows and mirrors become the portal into both heaven and hell.  Caught between the two greatest loves of her life, Christine is torn between the light and darkness of her own soul.

Book Four~The Angel’s Song:  In the concluding chapters of Chanson de l’Ange, Christine confronts the ghosts of both her past and present.  As she performs the starring role in her Angel’s magnificent opera, she must brave a future where all those she loves are thrust into a soul stirring crescendo that will leave readers breathless.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

26 Comments

1. CommentsAnna   |  Monday, 20 June 2011 at 8:46 am

Hi,
    Thanks for sharing this exciting news! I just wonder, has the original “book two” been made into book three and four? So I need to buy both? I just love book one and can’t wait for the conclusion of this wonderful story! :)
    cheers from Sweden

2. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Monday, 20 June 2011 at 8:51 am

Yes! You will need to purchase Books 3&4 for the rest of the story! So glad you enjoyed Book One! The good news is that the books will be less expensive with my new publisher!

3. Commentsmonique62   |  Monday, 20 June 2011 at 9:13 am

Hi Swannie,

So, to summarize the whole delay is to combine Book One and Book Two and divide them into 4 volumes of 300 pages each aside from revising “The Bleeding Rose?

As long as you are following their system, if it takes longer I will wait.

Bonnie, I still so enjoy reading “The Bleeding Rose” if I have to read it again. I can soak myself to it and as long as I can hold on to the aroma of “The Bleeding Rose” it will seem to me that there was not any gap that transpired wihile Book Two is on the remake.

I DON’T MIND WAITING…Just do what you have to do to get the perfect result, because it is only for the best.

Heck, I didn’t even know there were grammatical errors and misspelled words on the first novel anway.

Dina

4. CommentsLeppardlady   |  Monday, 20 June 2011 at 12:43 pm

This is exciting news for you, Swannie!!! I’m glad you found a home for your captivating story of Christine and the Angel of Music. I loved book one and I look forward to three and four.

5. CommentsEllen C Maze   |  Monday, 20 June 2011 at 12:52 pm

I am very excited about this!! Great blog, too!

6. CommentsKiki   |  Monday, 20 June 2011 at 1:41 pm

Morning!
    Thanks for the update! I have been so anxious and excited to read the conclusion to your wonderful version! Best of luck with your revisions and getting the next two books out in the world. I will be patiently waiting!

7. CommentsAlex   |  Monday, 20 June 2011 at 2:59 pm

Hi,
    Let me start by congratulating you on this great news! I wonder though, will I still have to purchase the four volumes online or will they be sold in stores?

8. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Monday, 20 June 2011 at 5:06 pm

For the time being they will only be available on-line, but there is hope that they may someday be placed in actual book stores. We will just have to see. If the books can jump over into the general romance market and achieve wider exposure outside the Phantom community, there is a chance for retail placement.

9. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Monday, 20 June 2011 at 5:14 pm

Hi Dina! Thank you so much for your encouraging comments. Yes, the whole process is a bit mind boggling for me. It will take time to revise Book One with an actual editor, and then meanwhile I’ll be working on the new covers with my graphics gal. But the end product will be worth the wait!!!!

10. CommentsAlison   |  Monday, 20 June 2011 at 5:15 pm

This is exciting news, Swannie, and a great idea…I think it will work very well…can’t wait to see the finished product in all 4 volumes!!

11. CommentsLaura   |  Monday, 20 June 2011 at 7:16 pm

I will be sincere. This is not exciting at all!!! At the end we will spend the same amount of money if not more!
    At least I have already the first one.

12. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Monday, 20 June 2011 at 7:24 pm

I know some of you who already have The Bleeding Rose will feel that way, and I understand your disappointment. But in the long run for new customers, this will provide options as we try to market outside the POTO community. Thanks for your honesty.

13. CommentsSherrell Frederick   |  Monday, 20 June 2011 at 11:31 pm

I am very exciting to here this wonderful news. Thanks for letting is know. I will keep my ear out for more news in the future

14. CommentsRose Nessman   |  Tuesday, 21 June 2011 at 3:44 am

Hi Bonnie!

I love, love, love this new concept! If you don’t know of an editor, I DO! You can e-mail me, if you like. Can’t wait to be able to buy and read these books!

Hugs,
    Rose

15. CommentsAriel   |  Wednesday, 22 June 2011 at 3:45 am

Miss Swan,
    I think it’s a brilliant idea to make your POTO story into a series I enjoy reading books that way! :) I can not wait to see what going to happen next. Best of wishes to you!!!

~Ariel~

16. CommentsBrittany   |  Sunday, 26 June 2011 at 2:42 pm

I am actually quite frustrated with this idea. I am an avid reader, and I like my books to be in the same format. To get the entire story, I will now have three books, but it will appear as though I am missing book two in my library.

Would you possibly consider publishing book 2 as originally planned, in addition to publishing the 4 books? I feel that fans would appreciate this. Quite frankly, if it is published in 4 separate volumes only, I cannot guarantee that I will be willing to purchase them all.

17. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Sunday, 26 June 2011 at 7:03 pm

I am sorry, Brittany. I knew that some of my readers would not like this new direction…but I feel it is best for my book. Unfortunately, my publisher is in the driver’s seat and I cannot afford to publish Book Two~The Angel’s Song independently from the 4 book series. Please take heart, because all 4 books of the new series will be published in an ebook format, as well as in paperback. Perhaps that would make it more affordable for you to have all 4 of the series. Thanks for you your interest in Chanson!

18. CommentsHayden SilverWolff   |  Thursday, 07 July 2011 at 2:38 am

All I have to say is: wow. I like the idea of making a series out of it like the Phoenix of the Opera series Sadie Montgomery (good series) made a few years in the making. At the same time, I don’t like the idea- simply because i have to buy two books instead of one.

I love hauling bigger books. The biggest i had was Les Miserables (all 1432 pages of it). I just hope that the price isn’t going to be like the very first time, being higher. I would like to hope it’s 3/4 of the price, because I’m thinking of going to college and I’m going to be broke with bills.

Anyway, thank goodness you’re letting us know about the changes. I was worried there for a moment.

19. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Thursday, 07 July 2011 at 3:06 am

Hi there! The price per book will be cheaper than the current retail for the 636 page Book One! Oh how I wish Chanson could be made into a mini-series! Thanks so much for your support and glad you have enjoyed my take on the Phantom story!

Swannie

20. CommentsKacie   |  Monday, 11 July 2011 at 4:37 am

Hello Swannie,
    I am trying to be patient and wait for the new book(s) but PLEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEE, make it soon. I am now re-reading The Bleeding Rose, and falling in love all over again with your story. It is by far my favorite POTO story and think you could rival the Twilight sagas with the 4 book deal. When we can order, how do we get an autographed set? I will want one for myself and another for a gift for my daughter. I sure hope we have news soon.

21. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Monday, 11 July 2011 at 4:42 am

Darlin’ this author is working her fanny off on revising the original material in Book One. I think my readers will be thrilled to read the improved, error free new version….so that’s why I am even working on weekends to get it done. Unfortunately I am slow and have a lot on my plate right now in terms of personal and family issues, but I am trying my best to get the revisions done as quickly as possible. I’m so glad you love the story enough to read it again! That is a huge encouragement to me to keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep going!

Hugs!
    Swannie

22. CommentsPertie   |  Wednesday, 27 July 2011 at 5:11 pm

I’m disappointed now by the fact that we who bought Book One now have a book (part of a pair) that won’t be completed in that series. In order to have a complete series we now have to buy (again) books one and two to get what we already have (to complete a series). I would have been happy to buy Book 2 (at it had been promised) and be done with it. I know you’re doing what the publisher is suggesting is best but for us consumers (and faithful readers who’ve waited so very long for Book 2) it is very unsettling. I do hope Books 3 and 4 make it out soon. So many of us had anticipated Book 2 this year and now who knows when that series of books will be available. Keep us updated. Thank you. Colleen
    PS: I’m thankful that I have so much saved of your originally posted story so at least I have a very murky idea of how it ends. I was with you then and I”m still with you.

23. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Wednesday, 27 July 2011 at 9:12 pm

Hi Pertie! I sent you an email!

24. CommentsAlecia   |  Wednesday, 17 August 2011 at 7:30 am

So anxious for the new edition to come out! I have not read part one yet, as I’ve been eagerly awaiting the revised one. You can be sure I will buy them asap when they are available.

I think I saw in another comment that you are putting these out for e-book as well. Will it be a simultaneous release?

25. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Wednesday, 17 August 2011 at 7:35 am

Yes indeed! All 4 books will be released at the same time in ebook format! Thanks for your patience!

26. CommentsDeborah Ann   |  Wednesday, 31 August 2011 at 3:58 pm

Phabulous news Bonnie, I do not relish the idea of waiting longer, but the first book was soooo worth the wait.
    NOW, what will be the subject of your;
    next book ?????