Autumn and Changes

fall

Dear fans and friends, as you may have noticed, it has been a while since I posted a new blog on my site-but just as Autumn brings changes to our Summer gardens, so has this Autumn brought about many changes in the lives of my loved ones.  It has been a season of turmoil, and regrettably that has directly impacted my ability to finish up revisions on the revised Chanson de l’Ange series in time for release this year.  Therefore, the release has been moved into early 2012.

My mother was just diagnosed with dementia, so the family is not only dealing with her decline, but also the fallout from family skeletons, recently unearthed in the wake of my mother’s worsening condition.  Moreover, another close family member has been struggling with serious mental health issues, so I’m afraid most of my energy has been geared toward making myself available to my family.  But despite these significant setbacks, I have been enjoying a beautiful Autumn here in the NW, and have been snapping photos to capture some of those special moments.  Please enjoy the photos posted  below and have a lovely Thanksgiving!

Swannie

Taken from inside my house.  Hubby raking leaves!

leaves

Our front porch on Halloween!

Halloween

My cat Nicodemus!

Nicodemus

Hubby on a walk in Columbia Park near our home.

Hubby on a walk in Columbia park

Columbia Park near our home

Columbia Park

More from Columbia Park

Columbia Park

Random people in the park

Columbia Park

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments

1. CommentsAlison   |  Friday, 11 November 2011 at 8:18 pm

Hi Swannie,

Although of course I didn’t know the details, I suspected that family issues were the reason why things had slowed down in the last month or so, and I just want you to know that your family continues to be in my prayers. I’m here for you whenever you’re ready to get going again.

Love,
    Alison

2. CommentsAmylisa   |  Saturday, 12 November 2011 at 11:40 pm

Sorry to hear of your family’s troubles. I can appreciate slow downs in work you want to do in order to be available to the loved ones who need you! Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures, I miss seeing them on your myspace. I always looked forward to the photos you’d put up. Love you and thinking of you!

3. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Sunday, 13 November 2011 at 12:17 am

Hi Amy! Oh, I miss decorating my Myspace page for all the seasons, but it just got too weird over there. I’m kind of thrilled that I am now taking my own photos and posting them here. Hope you and your family are in better times.

4. CommentsGemma Irene   |  Monday, 14 November 2011 at 1:45 am

Hi, Swannie! Sorry to hear about the troubles you’ve been having, and I’ve been keeping your family in my thoughts. I hope things start looking up for you! :)

5. CommentsHD Silversmith   |  Monday, 28 November 2011 at 1:09 am

I’m so sorry about your mother … my thoughts are with you and your family, as I know this is a devastating disease.

I’m an academic working on an article on PHANTOM OF THE OPERA in its various retellings and incarnations, and Amazon has just sent me the first volume of your CHANSON DE L’ANGE(The Bleeding Rose from XLibris), and I’m looking for volume 2 (The Angel’s Song); however, I see that you’ve gone with a new publisher and have divided up the volumes differently as a result.

To get the full story, how should I best access your books and in what order? Do you know if libraries carry them? (I guess I can figure that part out for myself …)

Thanks very much.

HD

6. CommentsPaisley Swan Stewart   |  Monday, 28 November 2011 at 5:07 pm

Hi HD! Welcome to my site and thanks for your interest in my books. Book One: The Bleeding Rose, was a self publishing effort and as such it contains many technical errors. My new publisher required that I revise the novel into a 4 part series and Chanson de l’Ange is currently undergoing these revisions with the release date scheduled for Feb-March 2012. The version you currently have covers all of books 1&2 of the revised series, therefore, to complete the story you would only need to purchase books 3&4 of the revised edition. I hope I have answered all your questions and thank you so much for your kind words regarding my mother. I would love to link your article from my site when it’s published!

Swannie